Welcome to TheDayFamily.
And so the great wheel of life turns on. Much loved and reverred elders fade and pass from sight. Children spring to adulthood, babies grow into childhood exhibiting their own mix of humour, wit and wisdom.
And new life bursts forth - the latest, James William born on a new continent - the eleventh consecutive son, grandson or greatgrandson born to Norman and Peggy. The single most important variable in his life is already decided - his family and his stock of genes already determined.
The site has undergone a complete redesign and now incorporates some new improved features and some simplified opportunities for members to contribute.
- The email section operates much as it did before although it looks a little different. It also now has spam and virus filtering built in to provide you with added protection.
- Our Favourites is just what it says - Its your chance to let us all know your favourite sites and to see everyone else's favourites. You can also listen to selected BBC radio stations/programmes (because they are my favourites). If you want to add a programme let me know.
- Family History includes the family tree, the histories and mysteries (individual stories) and will soon give you the chance to submit your own information.
- The Photo Album section is however completely redesigned. It is easier to upload your photos, gives you the chance to organise your photos into separate albums and enables you to add titles and notes to each photo. You can also comment on other members photos (as they can comment on yours).
- The Bag Lady is there to amuse us all. Now, however, we can all input the jokes and funny stories.
- The Calendar is a new feature. Take a look at it and let me know what you think.
Please also share your views on the site and in particular any ideas you have for making it even better .
- Colour scheme and appearance is being progressively updated - starting here!
- Security has been enhanced, since 20th January, by the addition of duplicate (RAID) hard drives, nightly tape back-ups and an uninterruptible power supply.
- The new Music Page is now operational. Access is controlled by username and password and this is currently a little cumbersome but will be streamlined during April. We have found that the best music player to use is iTunes and if you are not using it you can download it here. Please let us have your comments on the music page and how it can be improved.
- The Calendar page is now up and running displaying information on dates of particular family and general interest.
- See new sites at
(Back to top)
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
(Back to top)